Saturday, June 23, 2012

A VISIT TO SEE MY KIDS IN THE US

I have the most beautiful family ever.  We haven't been together as a family since November 2010, or over 1 1/2 years!!  I didn't realize how much I missed them until I saw them all again.  And, boy, do they love me!  Never have I felt so much love.  They are all so handsome/beautiful!
I am on Galveston Island, Texas.  It is on the Coast of the Gulf of Mexico about an hour SE of Houston Texas, USA.  It's a popular tropical tourist place.  There is a seawall for miles and miles to ride bikes, jog or take walks.  It is a very beautiful place.  Jeremy and Dustin live here.  We are all staying at Jeremy's apartment; yes, all six of us as well as 4 dogs (David brought his two dogs, Kayla brought her dog, and Jeremy has a dog!).  We are having fun, and everyone is just happy to be together again! 
 When my boys aren't working, they are fishing.  Working, fishing, and loving life.
Jeremy is helping Kayla bait her pole.  We are fishing on a pier in the bay. 
I like to eat fish, but I don't like to take part in catching, killing or cleaning them.  I like to watch my boys fish and I get excited when they get excited.  Then I turn my head away when they have to kill the poor little fish.  The best part is when we eat it :)   
Jeremy and I
Jeremy got in a brawl with an alligator, or a bear, or maybe his brother David.  I'm not sure! A couple of black eyes and a busted nose. LOL!  Boys will be boys; that's all I know!   
This picture is for my friends in Africa who only know me as the bicycle riding mzungu.  Yes, I can drive a truck!  And I remember to stay on the RIGHT side of the road, too! 
All FIVE of my kids are finally together.  David's wife, Lindsey, has joined us for the WHOLE weekend!  We are at Jimmy's on the Pier, where Dustin works.
This is a long nights work for Jeremy, David and Bryanna.   
 
Kayla rides a Segway for the first time!
David and Lindsey ride the Segway too.

There's nothing like dancing with my own son!  I was SOOO happy and having SOOO much fun! 
Jeremy and Kayla are dancing
Jeremy, Bryanna and Lindsey show us a line dance. 

Jeremy with Bryanna, Dustin, Mom and Kayla on his 23rd birthday.  After a wonderful night of grilling steak and bratwurst, we went to a great Arcade and played Glow Golf and other Arcade games with some of Jeremy's friends.  It was a wonderful evening, and everyone had a great time.
Dustin at the Arcade playing his favorite shooting game. 
Kayla beat me in Air Hockey!  She's quite happy about it too!
Jeremy is serious when it comes to his Air Hockey! 
Bryanna won this monkey and gave it to Kayla.  I think that was the best part of Kayla's night.  Thank you Bry!!  You put a great smile on my little girl's face! 
Mother and Son.  Happy Birthday Jeremy! 
Mac, Jeremy's dog
I can't fail to mention our furry friends. There were up to 7 adults (Me, David, Lindsey, Jeremy, Bryanna, Dustin, and Kayla) and 4 dogs (Mac, Lucy, Lizzy, Kona) all staying together in a one bedroom apartment.  And guess what?  We were never crowded.  Everybody was so happy to be together again that nobody complained.  It was wonderful!
Lucy is Kayla's sweet dog
Lizzy is David and Lindsey's first dog. 
Kona is David and Lindsey's second dog.  In this picture he was grounded to his crate because he kept barking...one hour for every bark...LOL...not really.
Thank you my wonderful family for the laughs and good times.  It is something this family REALLY needed after a couple of hard years.  We have many more years of good times to look forward to...I love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment