Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Days Go Marching By....

This is the third picture of me at the Nile.  The first one last year was in Jinja, Uganda at the source of the Nile.  The second picture in my previous blog was taken at the Nile River in Abjumani.  This picture is taken just about an hour away from where I live.  This is the Nile River at Karuma Falls.

On April 14th, I attended a Friendship Rotary Meeting consisting of 5 area clubs; Gulu, Kitgum, Lira, Arua, and Kampala.  It was the first one ever. The meeting was great and informative.  We shared fellowship, swallowship, food, music, dance, some hiking, and lots of fun. 

Some of the attendees to the Rotary Fellowship.
On May 3rd, Rotarian Peter Keller, Executive Director of Aid Africa, presented his Rotary Club's flag to Past President Grace Amono of the Gulu Rotary Club.  Peter has been in Gulu for the last month working hard with the staff of Aid Africa.  The work he is doing is a blessing to so many.  Thank you Peter for all the personal sacrifices, in so many ways, you make so that Aid Africa grows and changes lives.  It is rare to meet such a generous man.  Truly rare.

On one of my visits to St Jude Orphanage, I came across this scene.  I couldn't help but think how this young man looked like Jesus surrounded by all these orphans.  He is so relaxed and happy.  I wish I could remember his real name.  His next stop is South Sudan. 
This little guy is Simon Peter.  He lives at St Jude's Orphanage.  Such a cutie!
Kyla and I at BJZ Night Club.  Kyla is from CA, USA and came with Peter Keller.  She has been working hard with the staff of Aid Africa.  She has come to love Gulu and is already making plans to return again for a much longer time.  What is it about Gulu that makes people love it so much? I really enjoyed hanging out with her.  She reminds me of my own daughter, Kayla, who I miss so much.  
Jenna and Naimat (Okelo).  Jenna is our Peace Corp Volunteer at Aid Africa.  They are both exhausted in this picture after a long day of work in the field, but they joined us for Quiz Night at BJZ.  Okelo and his friend from Pakistan, Shamz, has brought new pump technology to Gulu.  His dream is to make drilling boreholes a much cheaper process.  These two kids are going to change the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment