Sunday, May 13, 2012

Meet Openj Innocent

I dont think I have ever met a brighter or happier kid in my life!  Innocent is 7 years old and is Primary 1 at Negri Elementary.  He was born without arms and has a lame left foot, but you wouldn't know it after you meet him.  He can do EVERYTHING for himself.  He feeds himself, clothes himself, and has even learned to write with his foot.  He can do all his exams, homework, and reports in school and is VERY bright!  It seems to me that God gave him an extra helping of brains and talent to help him overcome his physical disabilities. 
 
 Innocent is drawing me a beautiful picture with his foot!  This young boy will be famous someday for his talent and his sheer determination to lead a normal life!  He is supported by the Sisters of St Monica.  They pay his school fees and take care of him during the school breaks.  He makes people laugh and he has an awesome spirit about him.
Here is a picture he drew for me.   
 I am so thankful to have met Innocent.  What an amazing boy! And I think I have problems? Hmm!
Another picture he drew for me of a bus.  Look at the detail!  It's almost 3D! 


2 comments:

  1. His name fits him. You are still so busy & a mother to so many. Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Caddie! You, too, are a mother to many! Such a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete