Thursday, February 18, 2010

Help Me Help These Girls!!

I am going to write about three girls from St Jude’s Orphanage that need money for school fees. I am going to pay for their first term, but I cannot do the second and third term on my own. I need your help, and it isn’t too much to send. If you care to help me sponsor one of these girls for second term or third terms, please email me at rhosling@msn.com and I will let you know how to get the money to me so that I can pull it out here, take it directly to the bank associated with the school, pay their fees, and then give the paid bank slip to the girl so she can continue to attend classes. These girls were in tears this morning because they are missing school every day. I will have them back in school by Monday, but please consider helping me keep them there for the whole year. I have told them I would do what I could, but have made no promises beyond term one.
 
GLADYS

GLADYS ALIMOGUM - 14 years old
Gladys was born in Koch Goma in 1996. Her mother is alive but sick with high blood pressure. Her father is deceased. He was UPDF, a Uganda Army soldier who was killed in Congo when fighting with the Kony rebels in 2009. There are five children in the family and Gladys is the second born. Gladys is living at home with her mother helping her take care of the younger siblings. Her grades are excellent and she has worked hard at her studies. She desperately wants to continue with her education. I have met with her, talked with her, and I am very impressed with Gladys and her desire to get back into school. She knows that education is the only way for her to get out of poverty and help her family. She will attend Gulu Senior School. She is Senior 1 which is equivalent to our 8th grade level. Her first term is 115,000UGX ($60), and her term two and three are 83,700UGX each ($44 each term). Can someone sponsor Gladys for terms two and three?
 
DOCUS

DOCUS KISAKYE – 16 years
Docus was born in Busia and now lives at Obiya Highland. Her father was a Ugandan soldier and he died in the war in 2003. Her mother, Rachel produced 4 children of which Docus is the third born. Her youngest sibling lives in an orphanage in Kampala as her single mother cannot provide for them all. The mother is not able to provide school fees for Docus. When I first met Docus in the office she was crying. Telling her history to me for this article made her sad. She doesn’t like to talk about her past. She is a senior 3 which is equivalent to 10th grade and she will attend Graceland Senior School in Gulu. Her fees for first, second, and third term are 250,000UGX each ($130 each term). She is a very good student and deserves to continue her education so that she can help her mother and her family. Can someone help me sponsor Docus for terms two and three?
 
This is not Vicky, ha ha.  I don't have her picture yet, but I will get it soon!
This is Vicky!

VICKY ACAYO-16 years
Vicky was born in Pader in 1993. Her father, Richard, died in 1996 of sickness. Her mother, Rose, is still alive. Rose produced 2 children with Richard before he died and then she remarried another man who is still alive and they had four more children. The current husband of her mother, Isaac, refuses to pay the school fees for the children of her first marriage, the late Richard. The mother cannot provide the school fees for Vicky due to their poverty. Vicky has passed all her exams but is at home due to school fees problems. Her school fees are a mere 71,000 UGX for each term ($37). I will pay for term one, but can someone help me sponsor Vicky for terms two and three?

Working together, we can help these girls. If you want more information on how to help, email me at rhosling@msn.com. Let’s do this together!! There are so many more I want to help; this is just a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment