Monday, February 8, 2010

Why am I in Africa again so soon?

Why am I in Africa again so soon? I am here to heal my heart and to heal my daughter’s heart. We will do this through our service to others and by making new friendships and experiencing a whole new life. We will get back to the basics of what truly is important in life-love for those around us, and volunteer work at an orphanage. After 26 years of marriage, my soul-mate chose to love an overseas girl that he met while stationed in Bahrain last year. In the last 7 months, he quit his religion, he quit his job for another, he quit the navy reserves, and he quit his marriage. To be more accurate, I divorced him when I finally discovered his girlfriend. His inability to make a choice caused me months of emotional abuse. He has been a sad man for a couple of years, and his sadness was a burden to live with. He has chosen to love this overseas girl rather than raise and live with his daughter; for this, I am so sad for him. He will never know what he missed out on. Someday he will awake from his mid-life crisis and fully understand the pain he caused so many, and I think his heart may stop. My pain has been intense, and the tears have been daily for months. It is time to put him behind me and to bring the joy back into my life. It is time to laugh and love again. It is time to go to Uganda. There is a small piece of heaven on this earth, and it is called Gulu. God has something special planned for Kayla and me. Welcome to my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment