Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A day with World Vision

World Vision and Rotary have combined forces to reduce the mortality rate due to water, sanitation and hygeine related diseases in the Gulu area.  Together, they have planned for about $1 million in projects. They have constructed 28 new boreholes, repaired 16 existing boreholes, distributed sanitation and latrine digging kits, and supported 8 model villages for training purposes, among many other wonderful things.  Today I was priveledged to see some of the projects.
This is a hand washing station in the WV Model village.  Step on the wooden board at my feet and the water pours over my hands.  The soap dish is nailed on the post. Technology at its best! 
Tim Murphy from Edina Rotary Club is laying bricks on the VIP Latrine at a Primary school.
This is the group of Rotarians/World vision staff that spent the day together. 
Here is a young man doing the dishes at the station in the model village. 
One of the new boreholesthat was drilled.
This borehole is not too busy because it has some iron in it that the people dont like, but it is still a safe water source.

This is a VERY busy borehole well.  In fact, it takes several hours to be in line to get water.
Thank you World Vision for all of the good things you are doing; not only in Gulu, Uganda, but all over the world.  Myheart is so touched when I see the good things being done here by individuals and large NGOs.  There is still so much to do, and I love being a small part of the process.  A day doesn't go by that I am not confirmed in my heart that I am in the right place at the right time.  It is a blessing to me to be here :).    


No comments:

Post a Comment