Monday, June 29, 2009

Chicago, Chicago, Chicago!!!

The whole group in Chicago

Kayla in Millineum Park
Skyscrapers, elevated trains, Chicago River, Lake Michigan, Millenium Park, and a boat ride are a few things we experienced today. It was a wonderful, sunny, warm day in Chicago. We met in the lobby at 9:30 after a free continental breakfast at the Hostel, then had a walking tour to the Chicago River. We rode a boat into Lake Michigan and back into the River and learned about some of the beautiful buildings. We were done by 1:00. I was so very tired, that after we let the kids go for free time, I found a chair along the river under a tree and took a little nap (nap #1).

Most of the kids went to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch, then wandered around doing a little shopping. I went to Walgreens and picked up some traveling supplies and things we needed for the trip. I did a little bit of shopping for Kayla, then headed back to the hostel for a nap before dinner. My little nap turned into an almost three hour nap (nap #2)! Now I am up late on the computer because I am not tired....
Mike cooked an amazing cornflake chicken dinner for us with REAL mashed potatoes and a VERY fancy salad! Thank you Mike, it was delicious, and very appreciated. I usually only get REAL mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving, so this was a treat. The kids loved it, and they needed a good home cooked meal. I did my part by helping in the kitchen with clean up.
After dinner, some of the kids went with Jan to the Sears tower to go to the top. They returned by 11:00 pm and we had ice cream sundaes. We encouraged them to get to get to bed because quite a few of them are getting sore throats, tummy aches, head aches, etc...
Tomorrow is another free day in Chicago until our train leaves around 9 pm. We will be giving them some other ideas of things to do and places to go. Chicago is a beautiful city, and I am glad to have seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment