Monday, June 22, 2009

Getting to Seattle, WA

Just part of the gang waiting in Portland for the others to arrive
Finally, a picture of Kayla and Emilia I had to beg her to take this with me; something about not wanting to hang with mom...
Today, Monday, June 22, started with a bus ride from Portland, OR to Vancouver, WA. From there we boarded a train to Seattle, WA. It was about a 3 1/2 hour train ride and we got to Seattle about 4:00pm. We walked a very brisk (nobody walks slow!) 2 miles to our hotel, the Moore Hotel. It is close to Pike Street Market, and the rooms are nice. I am on the 6th floor. Tonight I will be doing bed checks at 11:00 with Jan to ensure that all the kids are in their rooms.
You know, I walk fast. I am usually in the front, and people usually have a hard time keeping up with my pace. NOT with this group! This is a very fast group. I am kicking it into high gear to stay in the middle! I am really proud of Kayla and her ability to keep up with all of us as she usually runs on a slower gear than me, and she is keeping up with them better than I am! BTW, Kayla had a great weekend with her host family. They took them shopping, to a rose garden and a mansion. They even sent them off with a great lunch for the train. She went with Johanna (Austria), Flo (Belgium), and Sally (France).
Dinner was on our own. We, the chaperones, went to a great little Mexican restaurant just down the street from the hotel. I am not sure what Emilia or Kayla did for dinner. Some of the kids went to a movie, Star Trek. I stayed at home and played on the internet, did some research on activities that our group can do in Seattle on Wednesday, and caught up on the news. I wanted to hear about North Korea's threat to bomb Hawaii on July 4th.
Tomorrow will be fun with Pike Street Market, Space Needle, and Mono Rail.


No comments:

Post a Comment