Monday, June 8, 2009

Train Trip planning and packing

Today is Monday, June 8th. I am spending this week preparing my business clients for my absence for 35 days, packing for the train trip, getting the girls ready to go, and doing last minute chores, errands and bills. The week before traveling is always exciting as it is the beginning of the unknown; an adventure about to begin. I have to remeind myself that this trip will be a lot easier than some of the ones I have been on. I will be in the United States the whole time and I will have access to conveniences like electricity, clean water, good food, money, and stores. If I forget something, I can buy it somewhere!

I will leave Honolulu on Sunday, June 14th and fly to Los Angeles where I will meet up with the rest of the group. I am one of the chaperones for 50 Foreign Exchange Students from 20 different countries for the whole month! I am also taking my daughter, Kayla, and Emilia Parraguez, an exchange student from Chile who has been living with us since January.

Some of the places we will be visiting on our train trip around the United States are: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Glacier Park, St. Paul, Chicago, Niagara Falls, Boston, New York City, Lewes, Washington D.C., and New Orleans.

So join me for my adventure! I will update again soon (this is my first blog ever, so bear with me as I learn to navigate. I am sure I will get better with time)!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a great person with so much to give, yu create such purpose in your life and I am so proud of your accomplishments, maybe in about 15 years I can join you.....michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great that you are going to blog your tour. I am looking forward to reading about your experiences. Enjoy the journey!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete