Thursday, June 18, 2009

Riding Bikes over the Golden Gate Bridge!






Today was definitely one of the best experiences of my traveling days. When I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge on my bike today, I was almost in tears. It was so beautiful; the wind in my hair and the sun on my face, and in the company of 46 wonderful people. Well, not really, because everyone was ahead of me! I was bringing up the rear, but that was my duty, and I'm sticking to my story. It was about a ten mile trip. We went from Fisherman's Wharf, over the Golden gate Bridge, and to Sausalito Island, then a ferry ride back to Fisherman's Wharf. I do believe I will be sore tomorrow. Unfortunately, neither Kayla nor Emilia went on the bike ride. They had a downtown sight seeing tour and met us at the Golden Gate Bridge.
We made a wonderful dinner for the 57 of us in the cafeteria of the Hostel. We had spaghetti, salad, and this amazing, wonderful sourdough bread. We even bought the sourdough bread in shapes of a turtle, a bear, and a lobster! Some of the Brazilian kids made the most delicious dessert for us tonight: some caramel like balls rolled in chocolate sprinkles. Yum, Yum!
It was a very busy day, with lots of exercise and lots of fun! I am getting to know most of the kids names now; then just realized today that they are trading name tags! I need them to wear their correct name tags for at least a few more days! Tomorrow we are seeing more of San Francisco, including China Town, and riding a cable car. We have such FUN every day!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment