Sunday, June 14, 2009

What was I thinking?! 35 days away????



All our bags are packed and we're ready to go...it's been challenging to pack for this trip. We will be gone for 35 days, but can only take a duffel bag and back pack with us. How do you pack for that long in that little space? At the top of my list was my laptop, camera, video recorder, and phone and all the associated chargers. That didn't seem to leave enough room for the things I might REALLY need. I had to leave my blow dryer, my blue tooth (just too many electronics), my very adorable dogs, and I know there's something else I left; I just can't remember right now! I have to remind myself that this trip is just to the mainland, not to Africa, so I should be able to buy anything I need. There will be clean water, good food (as in healthy for you to eat), and reasonable accommodations. No worries, right?
35 days!!!! What was I thinking??!!! I have never been gone this long before. Can I leave my clients, my husband, my dogs, my very comfortable bed, my privacy for that long? What was I thinking? Will it be fun, will it be stressful, will it be a good thing? All of these questions are flooding my mind this morning as I make final preparations. I even take an exercise walk this morning to relieve some of my anxieties.
And the food. What will happen to me if I am eating on the road and on the go for over a month? Who wants to gain 20 pounds on vacation? I eat so healthy at home, will I be able to maintain my habits on the road? Let's think positive: I will be too busy to eat much, to active chasing all the teenagers, and too happy to gain any weight (I gain when stressed, lose when happy). Sounds good, right? I'll let you know...
My flight has already been delayed an hour, but I was notified by email, so we didn't leave early. Man, technology is great. I have packed three great books to read: Inca Gold, Cell, and The Woods. Well, I am off on my adventure. Next time I log in, I will be with the group and on the mainland. Our hotel tonight is in Hollywood! How awesome is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment