Monday, June 15, 2009

Hollywood


I would like to introduce to you my fellow chaperons: (L to R)Mike from CA, Michele from Italy, Nicholas from Germany, me, Jacqui from new Zealand, Jan from Denmark, Paul and Melody from LA (train tour founders).


Today was a day of rest for many of our kids as they arrived throughout the entire day. We checked them in to their rooms, gave them their t-shirts, went over the rules, exchanged phone numbers and various other things. In the evening we walked to Hollywood Blvd and saw the Kodak Theatre and other cool things that I can't remember the name of. I saw the sidewalk with the hand prints and stars for the famous actors and actresses. It was loud and noisy and lots of people, so I didn't stay long. I don't particularly like large crowds in touristy areas, but it was neat to see the bright lights and flashy signs of Hollywood Blvd. The Chaperons broke away from the kids and enjoyed a dinner meeting at Hooters.


Last night was a very late night for Kayla, Emilia and I. We left Honolulu at 4:30 pm, got to LAX at 1:00am. Our luggage must have been the very last one to come down because it was past two before we got it! I was just so relieved to see it finally: I didn't really care about the lateness of it. I was glad it wasn't lost! We first found a shuttle that would take us to our hotel in Hollywood for $15 each, but after waiting over a half hour for it to arrive, we made a $50 deal with a taxi driver to take the three of us to the hotel instead. We were a bit wound up, even though it was almost 3am, so we unpacked our duffel bags into our new train bags that were waiting for us on our beds. We also had our t-shirts and name tags waiting for us. Nice hotel, nice rooms, nice shirts. Everything is going great. Tonight Emilia and Kayla are both in different rooms with other girls, and I am sharing a room with Jacqui. It was a day of many new friendships.


I am learning lots of names, but have so many still to go. I really enjoy watching these kids interact; to see who the natural leaders are and how they affect others. Their are the loud ones, the quiet ones, and the chatty ones. They all are great kids. This whole group of people is going to be great together! I can't wait for tomorrow.....



1 comment:

  1. Hey Rhona.... I found your blog.... Great meeting ya! Ill see you tomorrow!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete